Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Motivation Behind the Practice

Have you ever asked a football player why they love to play football?  Or asked a cowhand why they love to rope (ask me!) or inquired of a teacher their motivation to mold young minds?  If so, chances are you've heard one of the following responses:

- It's fun
- I don't know what else I'd be doing
- I just sort of fell in to it.
- I love being a ________ (insert beloved career here)

Ask any farmer or rancher why they produce the nation's food supply and they'll most likely tell you a combo of 1 and 4 "I love farming and I can't imagine what I'd rather do more."  America's farmers and ranchers work around the clock to make sure we have an abundant level of choices in our healthy and safe food supply and they do it all with care and respect for the land and animals.  Just ask Kevin Hinke, cattle producer here in Kansas.  A Kansas Farm Bureau video gets the 411 on Kevin and his motivation to farm.



As always, if you have questions about your food and where it comes from - just ask!  Farmer and ranchers aren't mysterious creatures in hiding - they go to church, school, football games etc.  Got a question about grass raised vs. conventional beef - flag them down and ask away!  You just might learn something  ;)

Until next time,
~Buzzard~

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails